Raiffeisen Lecture Hall, Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria)
GPS coordinates: 48° 18′ 32.31” N 16° 15′ 27.79” E
* If your navigation system does not list this address, please type in the old address “Hauptstrasse 2, A- 3400 Maria Gugging” instead.
The campus of IST Austria is located in Klosterneuburg, a historical town to the northwest of Vienna. The campus lies only 18 km away from the center of Vienna.
Getting to / from IST Austria
Institute of Science and Technology Austria is located in Maria Gugging, Klosterneuburg, about 40 minutes from Vienna downtown.
There will be a special meeting bus picking up participants and going to IST Austria each day in the morning and returning after the meeting talks.
Both the IST Shuttle (Bus 142) and the Bus 400 stop in front of the Institute (stop Maria Gugging – IST Austria) and travel to the subway stop Heiligenstadt on line U4 (see subway map). The trip takes about 25 minutes. To get to IST Austria or Klosterneuburg on March 19 take bus 142 or 400 from Vienna. From Klosterneuburg (see detailed map of Klosterneuburg city) you can take the same buses.
For directions by car, please follow this link.
Getting to / from the Airport (VIE)
By public transport, the best option is to:
- Take the CAT train directly from the VIE airport to Landstrasse-Wien Mitte U4 station (16 minutes with no intermediate stops, 11 EUR one way / 19 EUR return, service every 30 minutes, the well-marked stop is immediately outside the airport arrivals hall, green ticket machines are in the baggage claim and at the CAT train station).
- Take U4 direction Heiligenstadt to the last stop (Heiligenstadt) after getting a regular on-way ticket for 2,40 EUR.
- Take IST Shuttle bus (Bus 142), Bus 400 or the taxi from Heiligenstadt to IST. Buses 400 starts from the location immediately outside of the subway station, where as the IST Shuttle bus on the right side across the street. Tickets for Bus 400 can be bought on the bus.
The IST shuttle bus schedule can be found here; the whole trip from IST to Vienna Airport should take about 1 hour. If you take the CAT train for your departure flight, you can check in your luggage directly at the CAT train terminal at Wien Mitte.
Public transport in Vienna
The public transit system connects to the Federal Railways (local S-bahn and long distance trains) and to the Vienna Airport. The same single-fare ticket is valid for all means of transport in the city zone and permits changes. U4 stop Heiligenstadt is the last stop within the city zone (separate fare is needed for Bus 400). Other kinds of tickets (e.g. day tickets, useful for exploring Vienna) are also available from the ticket machines. U-bahn runs very frequently (3-5 minutes during daytime), from 5am until 20 minutes past midnight, but throughout the night on Fridays and Saturdays and before public holidays.
It is possible to take a cab from IST to Heiligenstadt, Vienna downtown or the airport (best to have cash ready, ATM is in the institute lobby):
- Taxi Danzinger (+43 2243 202 20, +43 676 666 50 66, about 55 EUR to the airport)
- Airport Driver
- ask at the IST Reception for help with other transport options
You can take a cab from the airport directly to IST, but be sure to have the full address of the Institute at hand (IST Austria, Am Campus 1, 3400 Maria Gugging-Klosterneuburg). If their GPS does not have this new address yet, try Hauptstrasse 2, 3400 Maria Gugging-Klosterneuburg.
Overview map of Vienna region